WELCOME TO 5 BULLET FRIDAY!The Chadron High School Cardinal Counseling Department is excited to share our 5 Bullet Friday Newsletter for the 2019-20 school year! Each week we will be providing readers with five facts, tips or tricks to help make the school year a success academically, emotionally, and socially!
If you do not wish to receive this email feel free to UNSUBSCRIBE using the button located at the bottom of this email.1. December ACT Registration Date Approaching!I HIGHLY suggest all junior consider taking the December ACT to help better prepare for the free state ACT test in April. How many times should you take the ACT? Watch this video, three to four times seems to be the consensus by some of the most knowledgeable experts in the arena! 2. Cardinal Cast:
Apply to College Week With Special Student Guest Savanna Sayaloune!Watch Savanna steal the show and DOMINATE the college cost game!Check us out on iTunes and make sure you hit SUBSCRIBE! We'd LOVE to have your feedback, Subscribe, Rate and Review, on iTunes!3. Junior and Senior ChecklistThere are an abundance of things to do to stay on track, but don’t get overwhelmed! Download the EducationQuest app for easy access to tools like Activities Resume, College Profiles, College Timeline, Reality Check, and ScholarshipQuest. There's also a calendar that will guide you through college-planning steps - and you can personalize it with your own tasks.
Keep up to date with happenings in the counseling office by subscribing to the google calendar HERE!
Download the app and encourage your friends to do the same! Apple Android4. Apply2College Week!This week the CHS Counseling Office hosted a fun event called Apply to College Week! During the entire week we hosted college reps, completed fun college trivia, gave away a massive amount of college prizes, wear cool college gear, and played college themed games. We will had two capstone events on October 30th for juniors and seniors where we visited Chadron State College! Completing a college application can be daunting – especially if a student doesn’t have help with the forms. That’s why EducationQuest sponsors Apply2College, an annual statewide campaign in which high schools conduct events during the school day to help seniors apply to college. This is part of a national campaign to change the lives of students.
Thanks to all students and staff who participated this week!Schedule of Events!
Monday Oct 28th
- Cardinal college scavenger hunt
- Photoshop cardinal into photo of different campuses picture and have students search and post to CSC counseling when they find it and what NE campus it is - to social media for prize
- Hand Out Bingo and Punch Cards and Get the school pumped about Apply to College Week!
Tues Oct 29th
- Pin the Mascot
- # off mascots with magnet to place on a map of NE on the white board in counseling office and each mascot # will correlate with a specific prize
Wed Oct 30th
- CSC Tour for Seniors in the morning
- After tour ask students to fill out questionnaires about the slideshow
- College Bingo due for other students
- Have students ask teachers about their colleges and degrees and have teachers sign off on paper.
- Juniors going over to CSC at 1:30 to go over ASVAB scores.
Thurs Oct 31th
- Dress as your career (Halloween)
- Students come into the office to show their costumes and are entered into a drawing for a prize
Friday Nov 1st
- Punch cards-prizes given out for completed cards
- Scavenger hunt
- Pin the Mascot
- Career Dress Up
- College Bingo
- Club Involvement
- College Reps all week
5. Attend Our FREE QPR Training to Help Save Lives, Reduce, and Recognize Suicidal Behavior.The QPR mission is to reduce suicidal behaviors and save lives by providing innovative, practical and proven suicide prevention training. The signs of crisis are all around us. We believe that quality education empowers all people, regardless of their background, to make a positive difference in the life of someone they know.
Please consider joining us for this FREE TRAINING to help prevent suicide in our community!Readers, THANK YOU AGAIN for joining us! Whether you are from CHS or another school, If you find it worthwhile please continue to SHARE. THE. LOVE (and the link).