MORNING MARATHON CLUB Students, staff, parents and friends are invited to join the fun as we begin the 7th Annual Morning Marathon Club (MMC)! We will meet 7:10-7:40a.m., Mondays through Thursdays on the high school track to walk/jog/run supervised ¼ mile laps. Our first day will be March 27, 2017. We will NOT meet April 17, due to no school on that day. Our last day will be May 18. Registration is now open for our finale: the Panhandle GOTR 5K & Fun Run on May 20, 2017! (MUST register ONLINE at www.gotrnebraska.org by APRIL 6, to guarantee t-shirts!! All runners under 16, must have Run Buddy)The goal of this program is to give each participant a positive start to the day, establish a routine of exercise and live a healthy lifestyle. This will help them build confidence and self-esteem that comes from setting goals and crossing the finish line. Lace up those running shoes and let’s get moving!The first day each student participates, s/he must have a signed permission form. If you would like your child to get a shirt and be eligible for prizes, please return contract & form with check (made out to Chadron Public Schools). Deadline to order these will be April 13, 2017. Days of participation are defined as follows: CMS students must complete 6 laps, CIS students must complete 5 laps, and Primary: 2nd graders must complete 4 laps, 1st graders & Kinders=3 laps. Students will have the opportunity to reach 2 levels: Mini Marathon or Marathon. Students must complete 16 days of participation to reach the Mini Marathon level. Upon achieving this goal, s/he will receive a MMC sackpack. Students must complete 24 days of participation to reach the MARATHON level. Upon achieving this goal, s/he will earn a Morning Marathon hooded sweatshirt!Some specifics about the Morning Marathon Club:Each student who participates must have a signed permission form (and $10 to be eligible for prizes). Form must be turned into Mrs. Rischling before participating – just bring it to the track! (Scholarships available for those in need.) Questions? Contact Mrs. Rischling 430-4122
- Students in first grade and older may run unaccompanied. Kindergarten students need a parent with them for the first day.
- Students must check in at the press box at the High School Track before they can count laps!
- ALL STUDENTS may begin any time between 7:10 and 7:25. No runners may begin after 7:25.
- Parents and Staff are welcome (and encouraged!) to join in!
- Students will be given a card at the completion of each lap. At the completion of the required lap count, students will check in to make sure the Day of Participation has been recorded.
- Comfortable school clothes and sport shoes are appropriate for running.
- ALL STUDENTS will be dismissed from the track at 7:40. This will allow time to eat school breakfast; or they may take a sack breakfast to their respective school to eat in the lunchroom.
- In case of bad weather, MMC will be cancelled. I will send a Remind Notification by 6:45a.m. (text @morningmar to 81010 to sign up! Or to receive messages via email, send an email to [email protected].)
- General guidelines for cancellation will be wind chill below 15 degrees, rain, snow, or wind gusts over 35 mph.
- This program relies on a large number of parent volunteers. The track will be supervised daily by Parent Volunteers. We need you! It’s a great way to start the day with your kids! If you have questions or would like to volunteer please contact Mrs. Rischling @ 430-4122.
Morning Marathon Club Permission Form
My child(ren), ______________________________________________________, has (have) my permission to participate in the Morning Marathon Club. My child(ren) is(are) in the following class(es): PRIMARY: KF KHof KHud KL 1B 1C 1F 1G 2C 2H 2P 2SCIS: 3H 3O 3W 4A 4D 4G 4P CMS: 5 6 7 8 CHSMy child eats breakfast at school: (Circle One) Everyday Never Some days: M T W TH My child has the following special medical conditions:______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________*If you have more than one child you are giving permission, please be specific with any medical conditions.I understand the procedures and expectations for participants.______________________________________________ ______________ (Parent Signature) (Date)Phone:_____________________________ Text? YES NO
Please call! I am interested in volunteering to help with the Morning Marathon. The best way and time to contact me is ______________________________________________________________.
The day(s) that work best for me is(are):
Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday
_____ YES! My child is going to make the Marathon (24 days of participation!) Congratulations!! (Adults/siblings may also purchase Hoodies/long sleeves/tshirts, Deadline: April 13, Please contact Mrs. Rischling details!)
Circle one size: Youth Med Youth Large Youth XLarge Per participant Adult Small Adult Med Adult Large Adult XL Please add $3 for Adult XXL, XXXL