Okay, you've got your iPad but you don't have an Apple ID. It is a common misconception that when creating a new Apple ID you would need to provide credit card information to complete the task. Really, you don't need one to make it happen. Follow the simple steps below and you'll be on your way to making that happen.
- Open App Store and find a free app, something like Google Drive will work.
- Tap 'GET' then 'INSTALL' to install the free app, a popup window will appear.
- Choose the 'Create New Apple ID' option that is displayed on the popup window.
- Follow the steps to create your new Apple ID (Your personal email will be used; You will also need to WRITE DOWN your security questions and answers.)
- Check your email and verify your Apple ID (You will need to check your email and verify your account with the password you created through the abover steps.)
- Open App Store and download a free app (If done correctly you should be able to download the app by using the new Apple ID and password you created.)
Although if you find the steps above to be a tad bit confusing you are always welcome to view the linked article on below. Please note that anything other than creating on an iPad/iPhone might need a credit card.
Good luck! Oh, stop by the tech office if help is needed.